Brickwork production has existed at the Selborne site since circa 1872, where handmade bricks were produced using traditional methods. On the 6th of November, 2009, the site was closed due to the worldwide economic down turn that severely effected the construction market. Various plans have been put forward to revitalise the works, including a digester waste-to-energy plant that would allow locally produced gas to fuel the furnaces. So far, none of these proposals have come to fruition.
Modified: 19th Feb 2017