The Atlantic Sea Wall was built in 1943 during the Second World War by Canadian troops as a replica of the German anti-tank defences on the northern coast of France. It was constructed of concrete, steel rods and wire. Prior to D-Day it was used as a major training aid to develop and practice techniques for breaching the wall. The wall was in two sections that where connected by heavy steel gates, with sections of Dragons Teeth and upturned steel rails on either side.
The preservation of this wall is managed by the Army Training Estates with help from the MOD Hankley conservation group